Friday, July 9, 2010

The Simple Things

When I was growing up, some of the easiest things for my mom to make in the kitchen were hardboiled eggs, mashed potatoes, and any sort of meat in a frying pan. But the first time I tried to do any of that, I completely failed! I realized that I had absolutely no idea how to boil an egg, which is ridiculous. I had to call home the first time I boiled potatoes. And to this day I CANNOT fry meat to the point where it is done on the inside and a perfect golden brown on the outside. And I'm frustrated. I love to cook, but I hate running to google every time I need to do something because I've forgotten how long it should sit on the stove and at what temperature, and that's just ridiculous. I'm sick of eating too pink or burnt meat and having to look at a recipe every 10 seconds. Could we just jumpt to the part where I know what I'm making and I don't have to reference the expertise of someone else? Thanks.

0 comments: