Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Beauty is truth, truth beauty

And the truth is that my hair is suffering from a beauty deficiency.

I am so unbelievably sick of my hair. Just four short months ago it looked like this as I was trying on a bridesmaid dress.


And now, well a week ago, it looks like this.


It doesn't look a whole lot longer, so I guess it's the kind of thing that only I notice. But it's feeling scraggly and gross. But I can't cut it until after the wedding because otherwise I'm about 100% sure that too much will be cut off and I won't be able to wear my hair in the wonderful low side bun that I'm pining for so hard. Also, I refuse to pay $40 for someone to cut off a millimeter of my hair and try to convince me that the "clean up" was worth it.

But now, we have the biggest issue. Just look at those bangs! I'm seeing more and more forehead every day as I have to sweep them further and further to the side. And there's absolutely no reason for this to be happening. I can't say that I can't afford a haircut right now because bang trims are free at my salon. No, the reason they are getting maddeningly longer every day is that I am too lazy to make an appointment and haul my butt to the salon. My goal is to get them cut and re-shaped by next week. If I don't achieve my goal it's gonna get real ugly real soon.

0 comments: