Friday, July 30, 2010

It's Go Time

Last week I called the salon where I ordered my wedding dress and, to my delight, I was told that my dress had come in and I could come in for my fitting a week later, which just so happened to be yesterday. I met my mom and aunt at the shop and minutes later I was in a dressing room pulling on the dress of my dreams. I called the sales girl into the room to zip the dress and, much to my chagrin, the zipper didn't get very far. My biggest wedding-related fear had just come true. I couldn't fit into my dress! Obviously, something had to be done.

When a lot of people want to lose weight they drink more water, stop drinking soda and cut out snacking. But what do you do when none of those things are options? I already drink nothing but copious amounts of water and I don't snack more than a handful of peanuts mid-morning so that I make it to lunch. And I already exercise a good amount.

I'd been hearing a lot about this apparently miracle workout that helps you lose all sorts of pounds, not to mention inches, in a short amount of time.
When I got to the gym today and realized I'd left my iPod at work, I went straight to Barnes and Noble and picked up a copy of the Shred. After I got home, took Ginny for a quick walk, put Ginny on the balcony with her food and then 3 minutes later let Ginny back in because she was barking, I starting Day 1 of Level 1 of the 30 day shred. How did it go, I'm sure you're asking? Let's just say this dry, vampiric pale, optimistic girl wearing a t-shirt from second grade is how I began my workout with Jillian.

And this red, splotchy, soaking wet, water chugging girl is what I was reduced to after Jillian was through with me. Lovely, eh?I'm used to running and keeping up a steady cardio pace for at least 30 minutes. And here I was after 20 minutes, panting and in misery. My legs aren't burning too bad but my arms are screaming for mercy. Hopefully this, along with the healthy diet I'm planning, is just what I need to drop a few pounds and fit into that dress without havin to get it let out. Somehow I don't think that would do much good for my self-esteem. And hopefully Ginny gets used to the jumping around because having to avoid her while doing jumping jacks requires just a little more coordination than I posess.

Anyone have any miracle weight loss tricks I can put to use?

0 comments: