Monday, March 22, 2010

Making a Run For It

I've been a bit of a sad blogger recently because Paul told me he has to go to Tupelo, Mississippi next weekend. He'll be there for two weeks, then come back for a week, and then go back to spend another two weeks. But I decided I'm not going to let my honey's impromptu "vacation" get me down. Instead, I'm going to use that time to better myself.

As it is, I find myself going to the gym 2-3 days per week because Paul has Monday and Tuesday off and he gets off early on Wednesday and I'd preffer to spend time with him than on a treadmill. I should go on Saturday and Sunday but I usually just can't bring myself to it. While he's gone I'm going to devote myself to going to the gym 5 days a week. And I'm going to run. He'll get back the beginning of May and we're taking engagement pictures later that month. I'm going to look the best I can for those pictures and not feel as uncomfortable in my clothes as I do right now.

I ran Friday and it was hard. I ran again today and it was a little bit easier. I wasn't praying for my mile to come to an end and I didn't think my legs were going to fall off my body. I know that I have a lot of work to do, but I always feel a lot better after I work out. I've considered doing the Couch to 5K progra, but I hear the podcast music isn't that great. I think I'll make a new running playlist (I've been using the same one for over a year) and just push myself to keep running. And by the time those engagement pictures roll around I'll feel a lot better. And hopefully I'll look better too. And when it comes time to tie the knot with the man of my dreams, I'll be hot!

0 comments: