Tuesday, December 29, 2009

For the Record, It's Not a Resolution

This whole gaining back weight thing has gotten out of control. I don't know exactly when it happened, but at some point in the past 7 months I decided that I could stop working out regularly and eat whatever the hell I want. And that's not okay, especially since I worked so hard last year to lose all the weight that I did.

So today I took action. I created an account on Sparkpeople.com, a website that lets you track calories and exercise and talk to other people and read articles on health and fitness...for free. It's like weight watchers, for free, without that stupid point system. I'm also writing down everything I eat in a journal that Paul got me for Christmas and I'm writing down my workouts as well. I will get back in shape/more in shape than I was because I don't feel as healthy and good about myself as I have over the past year and I don't like that at all. So while I won't do a deprivation diet of any sort, or really any diet, I am going to cut back on fried foods and full fat dairy and I'm going to crank up the complex carbs and fruit and vegetable intake.

In other news, Christmas was simply delightful. Paul and I were able to spend quality time with both families without getting stressed out and we got some pretty sweet gifts on top of that. His dad was my secret santa and he got me the cutest sweater, along with other fun things like the new Rachel Ray cookbook. I was impressed. Paul got me a gorgeous pearl necklace/earrings/bracelet set and, even though it was for kids and I have to wait until adult ones are once again in stores, a snuggie! You have no idea how pumped I was when I opened that Snuggie! My parents got us lots of house things and the surprise of the day was the first two seasons of Saved By The Bell.

Perhaps the best part of Christmas was that I got to see my cousin DeeAnn who I hadn't seen in a couple of years. We got to catch up and for the first time she felt like my equal and not like my older cousin who I can't relate to very much because of the age gap. The same age gap is still there but I suppose I've done a little bit of growing up over the past two years so I didn't feel like such a "baby cousin," even though I'll always be the baby...and I like it that way.

DeeAnn and I.

Ric (the big brother), DeeAnn and I with Ric's girlfriend Gail, DeeAnn's husband Jack, and Paul!


We can be cute if we really want to be.My mom and Jack. Her name is Kitty but it looks like Cougar would be more accurate...

And now, say hello to the newest member of my and Paul's family. We pooled our Christmas gift cards and a little extra change and bought her on Saturday...

Yes, that's Jersey Shore. Shut up.

I'm trying on wedding dresses on Saturday. Stay tuned for the antics that I'm sure will ensue.

0 comments: