Thursday, October 29, 2009

Today I'm annoyed because...

I've been calling beneficiaries, aka old people, for roughly two hours and have talked to about six people. Of those six, 1 made an appointment, 1 had to talk to her husband before making an appointment, 1 is having back surgery on the exact day I was trying to schedule an appointment, 1 already had some sort of additional medicare plan, 1 said that the woman I was trying to reach wasn't home, and 1 was an automated message saying that the woman did not take phone solicitations and ordered me to add her to my "do not call" list. Fortunately, I don't really care that much because I'm not getting commission for making appointments and have no incentive to be doing someone else's work.

I haven't heard anything from Social Security yet. I called Tuesday and they said they hadn't made any decisions but I'm getting more and more worried every day that I haven't heard because they're waiting until the end to tell people who didn't get the job and that I'm on of those people. I might just go crazy if I have to stay where I am. Just saying.

I don't have speakerphone on my work phone. And while it's a small thing, it would just be a lot more convenient to have it since I'm currently on a conference call and I don't really know how long it's going to last and I'd prefer my arm not fall asleep.

The people who own the place that we reserved a Uhaul from last night are trying to rip us off. I looked on the Uhaul website today and they charge .59 a mile. These people charge .79. I called today to cancel it and they said they would call me back to let me know if there would be a charge but they still haven't done so. Okay, just got in touch with them. They cancelled it and they aren't going to charge us. I guess I'm not annoyed by that anymore.

My conference call was supposed to start 10 minutes ago. Still no one there. So I've been listening to really bad instrumentals and waiting...and waiting...and waiting.

I still haven't received my reimbursement from work for the 1,000+ miles I drove earlier this month. I was told I'd get it last week, but I didn't. Then I was told I'd get it Tuesday, but I didn't. Now I'm being told it should be deposited to my account tomorrow. Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't be?

0 comments: