Friday, October 16, 2009

Five. Five Dollar. Five Dollar Not So Subliminal Messages.

I'm multi-tasking right now. Not only am I watching a brand-new-to-me episode of Trading Spouses (so pumped!), I'm also writing this, shivering and craving just about every unhealthy food on the planet. In the middle of what promises to be a wonderful episode (health nut from L.A. trades places with woman from the Berkshires who doesn't cook and therefore orders take out for most meals), a commercial for Cici's Pizza came on and, after being annoyed that my blissful reality tv time is being interrupted by a commercial, I realized that I am the reason that there are food commercials on tv. Some people salivate over car commercials, other people get worked up when there's an ad for a Macy's sale, but play me a pizza commercial and visions of pepperoni, ham, mushrooms and pineapple will run through my head until a wedge of that carb-laden beauty is in my hand and, soon thereafter, in my mouth. Unfortunately, Paul and I are going to Newport News tonight and we're grabbing dinner on the way and, sadly, it's pretty impossible to share a pizza in the car, so my craving will have to wait until another day. ::Sigh::

The only commercials that don't make me crave the food they are touting are the Pizza Hut commercials where they have a bunch of people doing a taste test and then they tell them that the pasta/wings they are eating are really from Pizza Hut, not some fancy/local eatery in New York City/Buffalo. If I were in one of those commercials my reaction would be, "Oh? That's cool. Congrats on branching out, Pizza Hut." But these people? It's like their world has been turned upside down because Pizza Hut made some decent pasta or wings. I have never wanted to dropkick a stranger more than the ones in those commercials. I mean, one woman referred to macaroni and cheese with bacon as decadent. DECADENT! It's macaroni and cheese. There are a lot of foods in this world that could be considered decadent, but macaroni and cheese is not one of them Little Miss Aspiring Food Critic.

0 comments: