Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Zesty, Springy Deliciosity

I just ate the best pasta salad I've ever had in my life and, get this, it came from a box!


After taking Ginny for a walk I headed to Food Lion for some peanut butter. I've been eating peanut butter, banana or apple, and waffle sandwiches for breakfast for the past few weeks. There are pros and cons to my new breakfast creation.

Pros: It's delicious, full of protein and E-Z P-Z to throw together on my way to work.

Cons: I go through a truck load of peanut butter!

As I wandered the aisles of the grocery store gathering ingredients for a pasta salad that a girl at work told me about, I remembered that my budget is in quite the precarious situation for the next two weeks. Instead of buying lots of ingredients, I opted for the boxed pasta salad that was on sale and now I'm so glad I did!

All I had to do was boil the pasta and mix a seasoning packet with some oil and I had fresh homemade pasta salad ready for my enjoyment. It's not strong like creamy caesar dressing and was the perfect companion to the grilled tilapia and green bean dinner that I'd already planned.

And in case you're still intrigued by my wafflewich, here's how to make your own!

You'll need:

2 waffles (I prefer multi-grain but sometimes I can't find them)

Peanut Butter (As much as you want)

1 Banana, sliced
OR
1/4 of an apple, very thinly sliced

Here's what you do:

Toast the waffles on the lowest setting. Next, slather peanut butter on one side of each of the waffles. Put the fruit in the middle like a normal sandwich and enjoy!

I slice my apples at home (and give Ginny some leftovers) but I wait until I get to work to slice the banana. It tends to get brown if it sits and I'm not a fan.

0 comments: