Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Chairs

Could someone please explain to me why the wedding world is obsessed with the chiavari chair? What is a chiavari chair, you sane, level headed, non-wedding-planning people may be thinking? This is a chiavari chair.

I really don't understand the fascination. It's just a chair, but people spend $8 (and that's just in Roanoke) per chair to rent these puppies. They come in all sorts of colors like black, gold, silver, white and au natural wood. And apparently they're elegant? But I think those knobby things look super-uncomfortable. And I could never justify spending nearly 1/5 of my overall budget on chairs. Especially when, if my venue didn't provide chairs, I could rent these for $1.50 each.

Now they may not be as elegant or scream class, but they're affordable and let me focus on more budget-spending-worthy items like a beautiful location, delicious food, amazing photography and a dj. And if they're good enough for every seated, outdoor function at Roanoke College then they're good enough for me andmy super-awesome impending nuptuals.

Could someone please convince me that those chairs aren't completely ridiculous and that they do, in fact, have some redeeming quality?

0 comments: