Sunday, April 18, 2010

Yum-O!

My lovely next-cubicle-neighbor Taylor gave me a recipe for Spinach and Orzo Salad. I made it and baked chicken for dinner tonight and the combination of flavors was such a party in my mouth that I have to share the recipe with you.

Spinach and Orzo Salad

Ingredients
1 pound orzo
1bag spinach
1 package/bunch basil, finely chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup olive oil (my preference being extra virgin, since it has the strongest taste)
8 oz. feta

Directions
1. Prepare orzo according to directions on the package, draining when done.
2. Combine feta, olive oil, lemon juice, green onions and basil with the orzo.
3. Add spinach just before serving.

Baked Chicken Breasts a la Trista

Ingredients
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Garlic Pepper
Salt
Egg Beaters
Bread crumbs

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a baking pan with PAM.
2. Tenderize the chicken breasts (I use the mouth piece of a glass coke bottle).
3. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and garlic pepper.
4. Dip chicken breast in egg beaters and then roll it in bread crumbs. Transfer to pan.
5. Bake chicken for one hour, turning at 30 minutes.

Let me tell you, it was delicious! It was the perfect light spring meal. And now I'll have leftovers for a few days. You can't beat that!

0 comments: