Thursday, May 27, 2010

I. Am. Livid.

I am so completely sick of people who think that size dictates beauty. I was reading Wedding Bee today and stumbled across this on the message board:

"Here is a really vain question: All of my friends are gorgeous, but my future SIL has already stated her expetancy of being in the wedding party. My bridesmaids are sizes 4, 6, 10,10 and I'm an 8. My future SIL is about a size 18-22. I'm afraid she will mess up my photos. Is this too vain and should I just get over it and put her in the wedding?"

Later in the post a girl responded with this:

"I may have gone off topic a little, but I think that the "big and beautiful" argument is relavant here. She just won't look good, especially compared to the smaller girls, if she's obese, no matter what you put her in."

Then later:

"I don't care what ANYONE says, there is NO such thing as "BIG AND BEAUFITUL" in my book."

And finally:

"Is the OP vain for asking this question? Yes. But is she completely in the wrong for wanting healthy-looking bridesmaids? No."

First of all, that original poster said absolutely nothing about healthy. She does not want a healthy looking wedding party. She wants a skinny wedding party. Also, how ridiculous that she knows all of her bridesmaids' sizes? I assure you Beth, Ally, Stacey, and Megan, I have no idea what size you wear and don't care. And Anna, I only know what size you wear because we've worn each others clothes before.

Second, there's no such thing as big and beautiful?! That's bullshit! Sarah Rue, America Ferrera and Jennifer Hudson (now and before the weight loss) are all gorgeous ladies, despite what their dress size is or once was, just as Kate Hudson and Eva Mendes. I just don't understand how someone can say that it's impossible to be fat and beautiful. They are no mutually exclusive categories.

0 comments: