Thursday, November 5, 2009

And Then Paul and Trista Were Banned from Salem Valley 8

Okay, so we weren't really banned from Salem Valley 8...but we could have been. Please continue...

After spending the day spending our Bed, Bath and Beyond gift certificate, decorating the walls and not cooking a single thing, Paul and I decided to go see Paranormal Activity at Salem Valley 8 since it's practically in our back yard and we hadn't seen it yet. However, when we arrived we encountered the weirdest payment difficulty that either of us has ever experienced. I had just taken out my debit card to pay for my and my lovah's movie date when I was told that I, in fact, could not pay with that card because it has the Interlink symbol on the back. Apparently their not accepting this card has something to do with a .50 fee to the company whenever the card is used. Whatever, I'll just use my credit card. I put away my debit card and grab my Citicard, quickly checking the back for the Interlink symbol. Seeing none I handed over the card and said, "This should work." Oh contrare, Ms. Wilkins. You can't use that either because it's a credit card, not a debit card, and they just can't accept those. So, having no cash, our only option was to drive the car right through the ticket booth, thus likely getting us banned from Salem Valley 8. That way we would make it through at least half the movie before the Salem fuzz showed up and hauled us into the slammer. In the end we visited the handy dandy ATM just down the street, but I maintain that option one could have been pretty awesome.

Paranormal Activity, by the way, is pretty creepy. I'm glad I don't live in a two story home with hard wood floors or I might be even more freaked out. I'll feel much better in my single story, fully carpeted apartment.

In other news, I cried at breakfast this morning because Famous Anthony's ran out of home fries AND put peppers in my omelet when I specifically asked for them to be left out. Paul was freaked out and I felt like a wuss. But then we went to Denny's and there were copious amounts of home fries/hashbrowns and we had one of the best breakfasts I've had in a long, long time. We felt bad for not tipping the Famous Anthony's waitress because she was a good waitress and their lack of potato-products was not her fault, but we didn't have any cash so she had to go tip-less.

I meant to talk about the move the other day, but internet was being pretty stupid until yesterday afternoon. All in all moving went well. We've been here for 5 days and the living room, kitchen and bathrooms are all put together. Mine and Paul's room is getting there, but there's still random things that need to be put away. The guest bedroom and dining room are currently holding all the crap that we don't really know what to do with. On the bright side, we have things on the walls in the living room, dining room and bathroom (not a priority, I know, but there was drippy paint that I hated to look at). We officially have a pretty wall sculpture and look impressive and educated with our diplomas hanging side-by-side. Now we just need a couple more wall things for the living room, hall and dining room and something to go above the sink in the kitchen because it's just too white and blank.

0 comments: