Friday, May 13, 2011

Bad Title

The closer Paul and I get to buying his parents’ house the more excited I’m getting to get in there and make it mine. It finally started to feel real the other day when the replacement windows and our new door were installed. We have this door:








And this hardware, which I’m obsessed with:




http://www.lowes.com/

Something about it isn’t quite right yet, though. Maybe the door is just too white and I’m used to wooden doors. But the contrast is just too much.


But nevermind that, because what I’m REALLY excited for is the inside. Specifically, I. Can. Not. Wait. To get my hands on the built-in-bookshelves in the hallway and in the smallest bedroom/office. Right now they’re wood but I plan to go at them with paint, using this as my inspiration:


http://www.younghouselove.com/photo-gallery-2/our-current-house/


Since my parents aren’t the redecorating sort and I’ve lived in rentals since I moved out, I don’t have a lot of experience with renovation, but I’m confident that I can get a handle on painting fairly quickly and creating a scaled down version of these shelves.


For a few minutes today I fantasized about painting the fireplace white because there’s few things that set my heart aflutter quite like white painted brick. That was before Paul informed me that the fireplace is stone, not brick. I’m not sure why I thought the fireplace was made of brick all of a sudden, but I was convinced. But seriously, how gorgeous can painted brick be?



http://dhomeinteriordesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/White-painted-Brick-Fireplace-Design-by-Angelo-Surmelis.jpg

0 comments: