Sunday, February 21, 2010

She's Back

I realize that I haven't blogged in for-freaking-ever, but it's partly for a good reason.

Paul and I, after months of deliberation, finally got a puppy! Well, she's not technically a puppy as she's a year old, but I thinkwe'll always consider her to be a puppy.

Monday was President's Day so I had the day off, and Paul always has Mondays off, so we actually got to spend the day together. We went to Puppy Love after exchanging my Christmas necklace that broke. We just go to gawk, since we know all their puppies are too expensive, but then we decided to go to Angels of Assissi, since the Roanoke SPCA is closed on Mondays.
Angels of Assissi is a no-kill shelter, but they have a pretty small facility, so a lot of their dogs are fostered out. Because of that, they don't have a lot of adoptable dogs to look at. On our first walk through none of the dogs we seemed like they were what we were looking for. They were either too big for the teeny apartment or too loud for the thin walls of the apartment. But then, as we were on our way out, we looked over and there was a new dog. She had been outside when we started our first walk. We went over to the cage, and that's when we met Ginny. Her official name is Virginia, but that's a mouthful and doesn't match her personality at all. Ginny does.

Eventually, after 24 hours, some angry interactions with our apartment complex, and fear that we couldn't have her, Paul and I brought her home. So, without further ado, here she is:


She's a chihuahua mix. They didn't specify what she was mixed with but we suspect she's part Corgi. She's currently busying herself ripping apart a toy I bought her last night, which is better than ripping apart the carpet at the door, which I just discovered she has done at some point. It almost looks like she's doing when we're away and she's desperate for a potty break because it looks like she's trying to dig out. We'll have to nip that in the bud.

In other news, my beautiful best friend Anna got married on February 13. Because of the snow I wasn't able to get home to help out with the planning and DIYing as much as I'd have liked, but I can't control the weather. And everyone who was in town did an amazing job putting everything together. Here's proof:

The beautiful bride, followed by her custom decorated foot-wear, and then the fascinator her aunt made her. With her nephew, Sam, the Fancy Pirate in his tuxedo.
My cousin, who teaches with Anna's mom and helped with a lot of setup, and I.
And another one of Paul and I for good measure.

0 comments: