Friday, February 5, 2010

Workin' the runway

Happy snow day to me! I took advantage of my vacation from cubicle boredom to google, youtube, and facebook stalk to figure out possible ceremony music.

The first issue: I really want my friend Lamar to play acousitc guitar for the ceremony. He's one of my best friends and I think it would be a wonderful way to include him. The problem is, I have neither asked him to play, nor do I know if he would feel confident enough to do it. He plays guitar, but more as a hobby than anything else, as far as I know.

The second issue: I really like the idea of the ladies, the mister, the mister's fella's, hereafter referred to as "my possee", and I, making our way down the aisle to something a little less traditional than the wedding march (gag me) or pachelbel's canon (I'll see you in hell, Pachelbel). I knew what Iwanted to walk down the aisle to every since I saw The 40-Year-Old Virgin. You know at the end of the movie when Andy marries the hot grandma whose name I forget? Well the song that's playing is "Joy" by Apollo 100, which is a cover of "Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring" by Bach. So, my entrance music being decided upon, I needed something for the rest of the possee. If Lamar (hopefully) can do it and if the mister agrees, I would LOVE for the ladies to walk to an instrumental, acoustic version of "Everything" by Michael Buble, and for everyone to go back up the aisle at the end to "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by Queen.

This is the part where you all cross your fingers that Lamar can play and that Paul agrees with my song choices and that I have the grooviest ceremony that Fincastle has ever seen...even if that wouldn't take much.

0 comments: