Thursday, March 18, 2010

Off hiatus

I've officially been HORRIBLE at updating lately. I wish I could lie and say I've been really busy, but that's not completely accurate. For the most part I've either been in pain or just plain worn out.

About three or four weeks ago I was on my way to work looking extra adorable in new purple suede loafers, when I noticed a loud grinding sound. I pulled over at the closest gas station, thinking, "I'll just put in air and be on my way." But it wasn't that easy. Instead of setting out on my way I listened as the air that I had just putin my tire seeped out of a giant gash that magically appeared. I tried to call Paul, but then I realized I hadn't taken him his phone when I left so from where he was sleeping in the bedroom, he wouldn't be able to hear me calling. Since I was in a panic and not thinking clearly I figured my only option was to start walking--in the rain. A mile later (did I mention those purple suede loafers hadn't been broken in?), I walked in the front door and burst into tears. I changed clothes and ended up taking Paul's car to work while he and Josh spent the entire day fixing my car. He also spent all of the next day getting the faulty exhaust repaired.

That Saturday I woke up to slight low back pain. But I ignored it and went to Walmart to pick up a crate for Ginny. I pulled all 40 pounds of it off the top shelf on my own, the put it in the caron my own and then carried it into the apartment on my own. Later that day I attempted to stand up off the couch and ended up falling and having to crawl back on the couch.I spent the next two days in unable-to-walk pain and didn't really recover for a week. It was a miserable week!

Evere since then I've just been trying to relax and/or catch up on errands I had put off. So that's my sad excuse for the disappearance. Hopefully I'll do better this time.

0 comments: